When people first join your email list, they have a couple of questions:
- Who is this person and what do they do?
- Are they legit?
- What makes the stuff they sell any better than the 15,000 alternatives?
- Will their product/service work for me?
Some may have those questions all at once. Others will move through them one at at time.
Either way, you’ve got to dazzle them with your answers. And a great way to do that is with the Case Study Welcome Sequence.
This is a brand new way to build trust with your audience and close sales early.
Because most welcome sequences are filled with people talking about themselves. It’s people sharing their rags-to-riches story and the amazing discovery that made it happen and how you can have the same thing for 3 easy payments of $47.
But what people fail to show is the transformation they help other people achieve through their products/services.
And that helps for a couple reasons:
- It helps customers bond with you because they see how much you care
- It shows how legit you are because you’ve got all these raving fans sharing their story.
People often rely on testimonials here. But those simply aren’t enough.
Think about it: If someone is worried your program won’t work for them because they are a “single busy mom with no extra time”, a testimonial of someone saying “I was a single busy mom and this worked great for me!” isn’t going to do it.
The person reading that won’t believe it just because they’re being TOLD. They need to be SHOWN. They need to see for themselves how it’s possible for someone like them to get the results they want.
And that is where the Hero’s Journey Case Studies I use for Case Study Welcome Sequences come in.
These stories show the full journey of your customers.
By sharing these stories in-depth, you ease the doubt and fear people have. You help them clearly see:
- The transformation available to them
- How much you care about helping people
- What makes your product/service better than the others.
- How this is perfect for them (You can share different stories that target different avatars, objections, fears, etc. So people can clearly see what you have will work for them.)
It’s still good to talk a bit about yourself and your journey in your autoresponder sequence. Just don’t overdo it.
For a good Case Study Welcome Sequence, you can start with 1-2 emails about yourself. Talk about your mission, your values, and your own transformation. That gets people to bond with you.
Then share 3-8 stories of people you’ve helped. Go deep here. Show the full transformation. Let people see and feel what it’s like to work with you and get those results.
They’ll see you’re legit and have a unique, proven way to give them the exact transformation they want. So buying from you becomes a no-brainer.
If you want help creating the Hero’s Journey Case Studies that do all that, check out my book Case Studies that Close Sales available free on my homepage: marketingwithbrian.com